Sunday, June 21, 2009

Cobb Park



Can you say HOT & HUMID? Well the complaining about the cold spring we were having was abruptly stopped at the Cobb Park race put on by the South Chicago Wheelman. Now all I could hear is, WOW is it humid. Still the racing was fantastic.

I went out early to see Matt race in the Cat/5 race. This was going to be his second race and I didn’t want him to be out there alone. He did an excellent job, due to the fact that there were 3 crashes during the race. Matt said he always seamed to find a clean line threw the mayhem. It’s the number one thing to do. Stay upright. Everything else will work out. Matt came in with a pack finish to start the day off.

I raced in the 4 race, and the 4/5 masters. This was my first race as a cat/4, and I soon found out the 4 race was bit calmer, and a lot faster than the Cat/5 race. I pretty much sat in the back of the pack and just road the race out. I had to do a lot of extra work in the back with the constant sprinting out of the turns. But I didn’t want to have to always keep fighting for position in the front. There will be enough of that during super week.

In the 4/5 Masters I was joined by Jorge, who was nice and refreshed. Jorge stayed in the front riding a good race; He even took a flyer off the front, but the pelaton was not going to let anyone go. Jorge was able to sprint in for 13th and I cursed in to take 18th. All in all it was a good day.
Bob

No comments: